Reports to: Quality Control Supervisor
Job Overview: Inspect structural steel parts and assemblies during pre-fabrication and post-fabrication. Maintain formal documentation of all quality occurrences for improvement, training, and company betterment.
Areas of Accountability:
- Learn & understand company safety policies and procedures and promote compliance.
- Assist in the transformation of the shop floor culture to one of Continuous Improvement and Accountability.
- Demonstrate reliability through exceptional attendance.
- Embrace and enhance a positive culture.
- Become proficient in AWS D1.1 welding standards
- Master documentation of Quality Control testing and inspection records.
- Gain proficiency in reading and interpreting shop drawings.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform housekeeping responsibilities and implement/follow 5S organizational methodology.
- Mark products with identification and appropriate visual markings per PDM’s Quality Control documentation.
- Conduct and maintain documentation of: pre-fabrication inspections, post-fabrication inspections, shop drawing corrections, tape measure calibration, mill tester calibration, stud welding tests.
- Inform management of any nonconformity of product or equipment issues.
- Perform duties in a professional manner.
- Work closely with management to ensure that all Quality Control duties are performed.
- Work closely with production personnel on meeting and exceeding product quality.
- Support safety and production programs.
Education: Associates Degree in a technical field or higher preferred but not required.
Knowledge and Skills: Basic math and computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Experience: Two + years in the structural steel industry or relatable welding/ fabrication industry.
Physical: Applicants must be able to walk and stand on feet for extended period of time, lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs, crawl on hands and knees, climb a ladder and be able to work long hours. This position may infrequently subject the employee to environmental conditions that includes high heat, rain, snow and ice.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.