Reports to: V.P. of Project Fulfillment
Job Overview: Manage the detailing services so that work assigned is properly detailed and coordinated with PDM customers.
Areas of Accountability:
- Adhere to PDM’s Core Values:
- Relationship Building: We foster long-term positive relationships with fellow employee-owners, external partners and our communities.
- Accountability: We consistently demonstrate a high level of personal accountability.
- Urgency: We operate with a sense of urgency.
- Innovation: We embrace growth and change.
- Create Return on Efforts: We create positive results on all our efforts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Procure outside high quality steel detailing consultants and manage the assignment of steel detailing projects.
- Manage the contracts and change orders between outside consultants and internal sales/project managers.
- Oversee the productivity and work quality of detailers to ensure efficiency, accuracy and quality of presentation.
- Develop submittal schedule and manage production schedule attainment.
- Review erection drawings.
- Review and check shop tickets before fabrication to assure compliance with company standards.
- Participate in project coordination meetings.
- Maintain steel detailing design standards.
- Detailing knowledge of steel structures including connections in SDS/2 software.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Experience and practical knowledge of steel detailing.
- Knowledge in Structural Steel & Miscellaneous Steel including ladders, handrails, stairs and platforms.
- Strong in 2D and 3D visualization capabilities
- Good communication & coordination skills.
- Resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to work well in a team and perform under tight deadlines.
Knowledge of Standards & Structures:
Commercial, Industrial, Residential, Buildings, AISC, NISD & OSHA.
Education: 4 year or equivalent desired.
Knowledge and Skills: The ability to read and understand blueprints. Computer competency in Word, Excel and other basic programs. SDS/2 or Tekla Software Proficiency.
Experience: 4 – 8 years of experience in Steel Detailing (Minimum 3 years as Modeler preferred).
DISCLAIMER The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.