Reports to: VP of Project Fulfillment
Job Summary: A Senior Project Manager has two main responsibilities:
- Lead and develop sales effort on specific projects
- Manage projects from point of sale, through shop drawings/production/erection, to a completed project
- Manage/lead/develop project management focused employee careers as necessary
Adhere to PDM’s Core Values:
- Relationship Building: We foster long-term positive relationships with fellow employee-owners, external partners and our communities.
- Accountability: We consistently demonstrate a high level of personal accountability.
- Urgency: We operate with a sense of urgency.
- Innovation: We embrace growth and change.
- Create Return on Efforts: We create positive results on all our efforts.
Areas of Accountability:
- Lead project sales, review/prepare proposals, and assist on other sales leads as necessary
- Review quantity take-offs and cost estimates as needed for external/internal pricing
- Gather appropriate documents/information from clients, designers, and vendors to ensure an appropriate estimate/proposal, to understand the project status, and to ensure a proper kick-off
- Participate, and lead as necessary, project kick-offs meetings to share information with engineering/detailing teams, project management, outside vendors and production teams
- Project Management
- Direct project management of projects as necessary, internally and externally
- Lead other projects managers as necessary, typically on larger projects
- Manage communication from point of sale, through engineering or detailing, through production, through erection, and ultimately a completed onsite project.
- Manage project financial budgets with thorough understanding of the project scope and estimated costs
- Develop and communicate complete project schedules internally and externally
- Employee management
- Assist with hiring project management focused employees
- Manage, lead, and develop project management focused employee careers as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, operations, engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook; data base experience a plus
- Strong organizational, interpersonal/communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Knowledge and Skills: 10+ years of manufacturing and/or construction process experience preferred
- Physical: None
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.