Senior Project Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Project Fulfillment
Job Overview: The successful candidate will have demonstrated skills and abilities in the following areas: project leadership of high value contracts (varying from $50,000 to $1,000,000+), and managing subcontractors and material vendors; ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring quick decisions.
Areas of Accountability:
- Demonstrate honest and ethical behavior in all business transactions.
- Proactive with daily activities and schedules and willing to perform the actions necessary to complete long term projects as well as daily tasks.
- Respectful of PDM teammates, support teamwork amongst coworkers and build customer rapport
- Represent the company in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations.
- Act is a selfless way.
- Support internal engineering, detailing, accounting, production, transportation, and field resources.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Understand each individual project estimate, scope of work and adhere to financial budgets.
- Produce holistic schedule/timelines for projects and manage to these schedules. Schedule is inclusive of design, detailing/engineering, submittal process, production, deliveries and closeout
- Effectively manage change orders relating to finances and schedules.
- Read legal contracts and scope of work requirements and make adjustments to support PDM’s interests.
- Prepare sub-contracts and manage sub-contractors.
- Trouble-shooting project specific issues while being versatile and creative in making decisions and overcoming obstacles.
- Attend job meetings to provide updates to schedules and offer technical assistance during the construction process.
- Lead and participate in special company projects.
- Proven ability to walk in the shoes of the customer, while maintaining project integrity and safeguarding PDM profit and interests.
- Manages project based internal/external engineering or detailing resources.
- Leads internal project support employees through the life cycle of the project.
- Manages external subcontractor’s schedules and financial accountability.
Knowledge and Skills: Project management and leadership, including estimating and scheduling skills, ideally in the precast or steel fabrication industries. Highly organized and results-driven with great problem-solving skills. Advanced communication, conflict management and relationship navigation skills critical.
Education: 4 year degree preferred
Experience: 5 to 10 year construction, design, and/or manufacturing experience preferred.