Reports to: Vice President of Project Fulfillment
Job Overview: The successful candidate will have demonstrated skills and abilities in the following areas: project leadership of high value contracts (varying from $50,000 to $1,000,000+), and managing subcontractors and material vendors; ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring quick decisions.
Adhere to PDM’s Core Values:
- Relationship Building: We foster long-term positive relationships with fellow employee-owners, external partners and our communities.
- Accountability: We consistently demonstrate a high level of personal accountability.
- Urgency: We operate with a sense of urgency.
- Innovation: We embrace growth and change.
- Create Return on Efforts: We create positive results on all our efforts.
Areas of Accountability:
- Demonstrate honest and ethical behavior in all business transactions.
- Proactive with daily activities and schedules and willing to perform the actions necessary to complete long term projects as well as daily tasks.
- Respectful of PDM teammates, support teamwork amongst coworkers and build customer rapport
- Represent the company in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations.
- Act is a selfless way.
- Support internal engineering, detailing, accounting, production, transportation, and field resources.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Understand each individual project estimate, scope of work and adhere to financial budgets.
- Produce holistic schedule/timelines for projects and manage to these schedules. Schedule is inclusive of design, detailing/engineering, submittal process, production, deliveries and closeout
- Effectively manage change orders relating to finances and schedules.
- Read legal contracts and scope of work requirements and make adjustments to support PDM’s interests.
- Prepare sub-contracts and manage sub-contractors.
- Trouble-shooting project specific issues while being versatile and creative in making decisions and overcoming obstacles.
- Attend job meetings to provide updates to schedules and offer technical assistance during the construction process.
- Lead and participate in special company projects.
- Proven ability to walk in the shoes of the customer, while maintaining project integrity and safeguarding PDM profit and interests.
- Manages project based internal/external engineering or detailing resources.
- Leads internal project support employees through the life cycle of the project.
- Manages external subcontractor’s schedules and financial accountability.
Knowledge and Skills: Project management and leadership, including estimating and scheduling skills, ideally in the precast or steel fabrication industries. Highly organized and results-driven with great problem-solving skills. Advanced communication, conflict management and relationship navigation skills critical.
Education: 4 year degree preferred
Experience: 3 to 5 year construction, design, and/or manufacturing experience preferred.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.