Reports to: Drafting Manager
Position Summary: Provide drafting services for production piece drawings and provide general support services for engineering, project management, production and field support.
Adhere to PDM’s Core Values:
- Relationship Building: We foster long-term positive relationships with fellow employee-owners, external partners and our communities.
- Accountability: We consistently demonstrate a high level of personal accountability.
- Urgency: We operate with a sense of urgency.
- Innovation: We embrace growth and change.
- Create Return on Efforts: We create positive results on all our efforts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare piece drawings and details as required
- Make changes to CAD drawings as required or directed
- Provide general support assistance as required
- Quality of work – output must be accurately, clearly, and consistently prepared for use by production or the client
- Timeliness of work – maintaining or exceeding the lead times to support the production schedule
- Monitor the production schedule regularly and maintain work flow to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Work closely with project manager/engineer/coordinator to solve casting and field problems
- Assist other drafters and project coordinators when they have schedule conflicts
- Work with project engineers, project coordinators, and checkers
Areas of Accountability
- Be closely involved with PDM project management and production departments
- Be proactive with daily activities and schedules and willing to perform the actions necessary to complete them
- Embrace and drive change
- Be respectful of PDM teammates and support teamwork amongst coworkers
- Demonstrate honest and ethical behavior in all business transactions
- Train under Engineers, Project Coordinators, Drafters, and/or Checkers
Knowledge & Skills: Ability to read and understand drawings, Ability to use AutoCAD 2019 (or later), including utilizing ribbons and tool palettes, Ability to quickly learn/operate custom AutoCAD programs, Basic working knowledge of email and Windows operating systems
Education: 2 year Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) degree or equivalent
Experience: 2 years of post-degree AutoCAD experience with architectural, engineering, and/or manufacturing firms
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.