Job Overview: Our parts processor provides accurate measurements and precision cutting of parts with various technologies off of blueprints.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Familiarize and utilize all standard operating procedures in relation to band saws, iron worker, plasma torch, etc.
• Ensure that product standards, both as to quality and quantity are met
• Interpret weld symbols, dimensions, and materials on drawings
• Apply all safety measures when working in the shop and with machines/ hand tools
• Maintain a positive attitude
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: 3+ years in a relevant area- mechanical, technical, painting, and/ or machining experience.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Ability to receive/read instructions and implement specific instructions
• Ability to review prints
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to figure angle/pitch from rise & run
• Must have basic understanding of angles
• Knowledge of all cutting types – Band Saw, Torch, Plasma, and Shear
• Knowledge of notching, punching, and Press Brake functions
• Must be able to take and follow directions
• Ability to drive a fork truck (certification preferred)
• Knowledge of different material types (e.g. carbon steel, stainless, and aluminum.)
• Standing for long periods of time
• Due to the responsibilities of production, must lift up to 75 lbs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.