Maintenance Technician – Metals
Job Overview: Inspect and repair equipment
Areas of Accountability:
- Understand company safety policies and procedures and demonstrate compliance.
- Support internal & external customers in a manner that supports the PDM Objectives of being a low cost Producer and High quality provider.
- Responsible for embracing and promoting Operational Excellence and the concepts and elements within it.
- To continually reduce equipment down time
- Ensure equipment is safe and reliable
- Demonstrate ambition to develop personal skills for further advancement
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Background in steel processing desired. (Peddinghaus equipment experience a plus)
- Industrial power knowledge required
- Hydraulic and pneumatic experience (compressed air leaks, fluid leaks, etc.)
- Overhead crane and hoist experience preferred
- Execute, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly preventative maintenance schedules for equipment assets in facility
- Maintain equipment records including all costs being spent on each piece of equipment
- VFD and control power experience
- Management of asset consumable’s such as saw blades and tooling necessary for plant operation
- Follow all OSHA regulations
- If a piece of equipment is found to be unsafe, make sure it is locked and tagged out and not used until the repairs have been made
- Externally maintains good public relations with vendors, outside contractors, and other companies, etc.
- Willingness to switch tasks at a moment’s notice due to highest priorities
- Automotive experience related to large trucks and pick-ups. (diesel, DEF, trailers, etc)
- Valid driver’s license and ability to assist in material transport
- Communicate Safety Hazards, poor behavior and unsafe actions immediately
- Daily 5S compliance
- Review work area with area Forman & communicate non-compliance through the Maintenance Foreman
- Support safety program and training (Forklift, etc.)
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent, 2 year degree a plus
Knowledge and skills: Mechanically inclined, management, and communications skills required.
Previous Experience: 5 years’ experience in maintenance desired
Physical: Applicants must be able to walk and stand on feet for extended period of time, lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs., crawl on hands and knees, climb a ladder and be able to work long hours. This position works outdoors at times subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat.