Reports to: Quality Control Manager
Position Summary: Ensure all products meet or exceed PCI specifications and customer expectations
Adhere to PDM’s Core Values:
- Relationship Building: We foster long-term positive relationships with fellow employee-owners, external partners and our communities.
- Accountability: We consistently demonstrate a high level of personal accountability.
- Urgency: We operate with a sense of urgency.
- Innovation: We embrace growth and change.
- Create Return on Efforts: We create positive results on all our efforts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate and supervise daily QC activities of up to three technicians
- Supervise detailing/patching department and provide guidance for repair techniques
- Be involved in mix design preparation and testing
- Perform pre and post pour inspections of architectural and structural products
- Observe concrete placement and communicate with batch plant operator as required
- Serve as back-up batch plant operator
- Manage curing/heating cycles for each casting bed
- Communicate with batch plant daily regarding mix performance and make adjustments as necessary
- Perform plastic concrete testing
- Prepare and verify complete quality control records including data entry of pertinent product information
- Prepare and track product non-conformances
- Work closely with post-processing department during sandblasting and acid etching to ensure and verify consistency from day to day
- Maintain and schedule equipment calibrations
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Actively participate and company health and safety programs
Areas of Accountability:
- Provide strong leadership to the QC team
- Ensure plant management is kept informed of quality issues and concerns
- Respond proactively to non-conformances and assist in the root cause process
- Ensure department recordkeeping meets PCI guidelines
- Be proactive with production department to identify and remedy issues
- Be respectful of all team members and provide constructive feedback in a professional manner
- Demonstrate honest and ethical behavior
- Embrace and drive change
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven leadership skills.
- Architectural concrete experience strongly desired, particularly long-line prestressed production
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional communicator with ability to communicate effectively with range of personalities
- Broad knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques, and documentation
- Basic knowledge of Windows suite including excel and word
Education: High school diploma and strong math skills required. Some upper education in engineering disciple preferred.
Experience: 5 years in precast production environment, minimum 2 years in Quality Control.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Regularly required stand, push, pull, and kneel for extended periods
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50lbs.
- Exposure to construction environment, including dust and noise
- Exposure to seasonal outdoor elements
- Must demonstrate visual acuity, including ability to discern color variations
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to th