Reports to: IT Infrastructure Director
FSLA Status: Salary-Exempt
The System Administrator performs workstation hardware and software installation and configuration including policy implementation and security controls. Implements workstation hardware or software upgrades. Assists network administrators in keeping running inventory of software and hardware of all department hardware. Resolves internal PC related trouble reported by users or identified in day-to-day operation or notification. Assists network administrators in implementation of backups and ensuring recoverability.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic PC or LAN maintenance and administration functions
- Install hardware and software, manages and configures workstation control software, and assists with configuration change implementation for workstation controls
- Set up accounts, cell phones and workstations for new employees
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Maintain technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Maintain equipment rotation schedule for existing equipment
- Consistently monitor and troubleshoot PC/Tablet/Cellular stability and performance
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Assist with the research and evaluation of current and new technologies
- Maintain best practices for internet usage, network access, and software platforms access
- Assist in budget process, including forecasting and planning sessions
- While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from jobs and to assign other duties as necessary
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service skills with ability to work with users of hardware/software to resolve and troubleshoot problems encountered
- Ability to transport computers, printers, and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to make system connections under desks and other locations
- Team player
- Ability to think independently and provide self-direction, solve various problems and make informed rational decisions
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and a continuous improvement culture
- Ability to work in an environment that often has a fast pace, high expectations, and frequent interruptions
- Ability and willingness to travel to such locations and with such frequency as PDM determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business need
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- This position requires a college degree or equivalent experience. Additional years of related experience may be substituted for the educational requirement.
- Minimum of two years PC setup & configuration. Windows 10/11 and Office 365 experience. Hardware/Software installation and configuration experience is preferred. Remote management software experience is a plus.
- Manufacturing background preferred
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.