Human Resources Generalist
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Position Summary: This is a generalist role that supports the Human Resources department. Duties include recruitment, onboarding, benefit administration, employee relations and HR administrative duties.
Adhere to PDM’s Core Values:
- Relationship Building: We foster long-term positive relationships with fellow employee-owners, external partners and our communities.
- Accountability: We consistently demonstrate a high level of personal accountability.
- Urgency: We operate with a sense of urgency.
- Innovation: We embrace growth and change.
- Create Return on Efforts: We create positive results on all our efforts.
HR Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recruiting activities including: ad placements, reviewing & distributing resumes, coordinating interviews, interviewing applicants and attending and organizing career fairs.
- Manages applicant tracking, recruitment and interview process, including scheduling of phone and in-person interviews of applicants. Tracks status of candidates and manages all communication with candidates.
- Schedules applicant drug screens, conducts reference checks, background checks, and E-Verify.
- Assists in planning and conducting new employee onboarding.
- Participates in unemployment hearings.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, spreadsheets and documentation.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service to employees and vendors.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Assists in maintaining the Accountability/Org Chart.
Areas of Accountability
- A true hands-on approach, as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Conducts themselves with integrity.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Be respectful of PDM teammates and support teamwork amongst coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of confidential Company or employee information.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to be proactive and creative with recruitment strategies.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and handle fast-paced, fast-moving work.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a human resources, business or related field preferred
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of Human Resource/recruiting experience.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to t