Areas of Accountability:
- Learn & understand company safety policies and procedures and promote compliance.
- Support the PDM Objectives of being Low Cost Producer and High Quality Provider.
- Focus on increasing productivity and lowering material cost while maintaining expected levels of quality & communication with superiors.
- Assist in the transformation of the shop floor culture to one of Continuous Improvement and Accountability.
- Demonstrate reliability through exceptional attendance
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operate and control equipment that has a large auger, detachable funnel and sits on a heavy-duty turntable for maximum functionality.
- Inspect and maintain equipment in accordance with policies and procedures for optimal use when production is ready for daily pouring under the direction of the Plant Manager or Production Supervisor.
- Practice proper housekeeping with clean, properly maintained tools and equipment
- Supporting other areas of the yard during non-pouring schedules.
- Maintains a safe driving record
- Ability to be certified on various types of equipment
- Maintain compliance with all safety requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Complete and maintain all required safety training, certifications and documentation.
- Ability to read and understand general business documents and safety guidelines.
- Upholds and supports organizational goals, values and safety guidelines.
Education: High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of two years of similar work experience operating heavy equipment in a construction, plant or field environment.
Knowledge and Skills: Ability to become certified on various forms of equipment within 90 days of employment
Physical: Applicants must be able to walk and stand on feet for extended period of time, lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs., crawl on hands and knees, climb a ladder and be able to work long hours. This position works outdoors year-round and therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat.