Areas of Accountability:
• Assist in the transformation of the shop floor culture to one of Continuous Improvement and Accountability.
• Demonstrate reliability through exceptional attendance
• Responsible for promoting the company Safety Program and ensuring plant personnel adheres to the existing Safety Procedures.
• Educate employees on company safety policies and procedures and enforce compliance.
• Supervise crew in a manner that focuses on increasing productivity and lowering material cost while maintaining expected levels of quality.
• Assist in the transformation of the shop floor culture to one of continuous improvement and accountability
• Demonstrate ambition to develop personal skills for further advancement
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Support development & execution of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure the most efficient use of labor and materials on the line.
• Assist Plant Manager in identification of variance to daily plan.
• Support cross-training of employees.
• Support communication, including start-of-day meetings, to understand expectations and provide feedback.
• Communicate with crew and Right-Hand man.
• Understand & accomplish daily tasks assigned by the Plant Manager.
• Produce & promote Quality at the Source.
• Responsible for tools and machinery in your area.
• Notify appropriate personnel of issues requiring maintenance work orders to be issued.
• Identify, understand, & report safety hazards, poor behavior and unsafe actions immediately.
• Participate in safety program and training.
• Understand & abide by company policies relative to safety training.
• Focused on approaching zero quality variance.
• If quality error occurs, assist in determining the root cause and ensure that root cause is eliminated to prevent recurrence.
• Collaborate with Management, Production, Quality Control, and other support departments.
• Leads a crew of 2-6.
• Monitors crewmembers’ performance and attendance and reports to supervisor.
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge and Skills: Experience in the Precast Industry desired but not required
Physical: Applicants must be able to walk and stand on feet for extended period of time, lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs, crawl on hands and knees, climb a ladder and be able to work long hours. This position works outdoors year-round and therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.