Reports to: Field Detailer Foreman
Job Overview: Complete field repairs as instructed by the engineer by removing rough or defective spots by patching and blending structural concrete, working with many different raw materials.
Areas of Accountability:
- Learn & understand company safety policies and procedures and promote compliance.
- Support the PDM Objectives of being Low Cost Producer and High Quality Provider.
- Focus on increasing productivity and lowering material cost while maintaining expected levels of quality & communication with superiors.
- Demonstrate reliability through exceptional attendance
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support development & execution of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure the most efficient use of labor and materials
- Assist Foreman in identification of variance to daily plan
- Support cross-training of employees
- Support communication, including start-of-day meetings, to understand expectations and provide feedback
- Communicate with crew and Forman
- Understand & accomplish daily tasks assigned by the Foreman
- Notify appropriate personnel of issues requiring maintenance work orders to be issued
- Complete field detail precast assemblies, using power tools and hand tools.
- Smooth and shape surfaces of freshly poured concrete.
- Remove rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, and patch holes.
- May be required to use pressure washer and/or sandblasting equipment.
- Identify, understand, & report safety hazards, poor behavior and unsafe actions immediately
- Keep jobsite clean and orderly
- Review work areas w/Foreman
- Participate in safety program and training
- Understand & abide by company policies relative to safety training
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge and Skills: Experience in the Precast Industry desired but not required
Physical: Applicants must be able to walk and stand on feet for extended period of time, lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs., crawl on hands and knees, climb a ladder and be able to work long hours.