Job Overview: Complete field repairs as instructed by the engineer by removing rough or defective spots by patching and blending structural concrete, working with many different raw materials.
Pay Range: $18-$20 per hour.
PDM is a Midwest-based producer of structural prestressed, precast concrete, structural and miscellaneous steel products. With more than 60 years combined experience in the construction, manufacturing, and precast concrete industries, our team has the skills and expertise to help make your next project a success.
In 2019 PDM became a 100% employee-owned company. We believe that being an employee owned company is an outstanding benefit for our clients, employees and the community as a whole.
Areas of Accountability:
- Learn & understand company safety policies and procedures and promote compliance.
- Support the PDM Objectives of being Low Cost Producer and High Quality Provider.
- Focus on increasing productivity and lowering material cost while maintaining expected levels of quality & communication with superiors.
- Demonstrate reliability through exceptional attendance
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support development & execution of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure the most efficient use of labor and materials
- Assist Foreman in identification of variance to daily plan
- Support cross-training of employees
- Support communication, including start-of-day meetings, to understand expectations and provide feedback
- Communicate with crew and Forman
- Understand & accomplish daily tasks assigned by the Foreman
- Notify appropriate personnel of issues requiring maintenance work orders to be issued
- Complete field detail precast assemblies, using power tools and hand tools.
- Smooth and shape surfaces of freshly poured concrete.
- Remove rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, and patch holes.
- May be required to use pressure washer and/or sandblasting equipment.
- Identify, understand, & report safety hazards, poor behavior and unsafe actions immediately
- Keep jobsite clean and orderly
- Review work areas w/Foreman
- Participate in safety program and training
- Understand & abide by company policies relative to safety training
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge and Skills: Experience in the Precast Industry desired but not required
Physical: Applicants must be able to walk and stand on feet for extended period of time, lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs., crawl on hands and knees, climb a ladder and be able to work long hours.