Reports to: Sales Director or Vice President of Project Fulfillment
Position Summary: The Estimating/Project Management Intern will work closely with our estimating/project management team. The internship will provide the opportunity to gain an understanding of the basics of both disciplines.
Adhere to PDM’s Core Values:
- Relationship Building: We foster long-term positive relationships with fellow employee-owners, external partners and our communities.
- Accountability: We consistently demonstrate a high level of personal accountability.
- Urgency: We operate with a sense of urgency.
- Innovation: We embrace growth and change.
- Create Return on Efforts: We create positive results on all our efforts.
Areas of Accountability:
- Assist with take-offs and prepare bids on bid or negotiated projects.
- Participate in obtaining and executing contracts or purchase orders.
- Assist in preparing a clear and complete proposal for contractors on all projects where the quoted price will be the basis for a contract.
- Prepare preliminary estimates as requested by customers and be clear and specific on what is being estimated at the time the estimate is being given to the customer.
- Follow-up on projects quoted to determine whether or when the project is to be produced by PDM. Attempt to obtain bids of competitors whenever possible.
- Obtain all necessary information about a job before we start the drawing process (drawings, submittal date, delivery dates, etc.).
- Assist project managers/coordinators with the general project management process
- Participate in project kick-off meetings to share all known information about a job (finishes, delivery dates, special requirements, etc.)
- Visit PDM precast concrete and steel manufacturing plants to view product manufacturing.
- Visit project job-sites to view project work in progress and in place.
Knowledge and Skills: Microsoft Office
Education: Currently a student pursuing a 4-year degree in a construction related field.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.