Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
Position Summary: Train under senior level engineers and acquire Professional Engineer (PE) certification.
Adhere to PDM’s Core Values:
- Relationship Building: We foster long-term positive relationships with fellow employee-owners, external partners and our communities.
- Accountability: We consistently demonstrate a high level of personal accountability.
- Urgency: We operate with a sense of urgency.
- Innovation: We embrace growth and change.
- Create Return on Efforts: We create positive results on all our efforts.
Areas of Accountability:
- To provide engineering design services on assigned projects as required
- To provide project management services on assigned projects as required
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review contract documents and ensure they are properly implemented in designs, drawings, and product
- Conduct and document engineering designs, as necessary, including product design, product connection design, foundation connection design, supporting element connection design, and general lateral analysis
- Support Project Coordinators and Checkers with erection drawing development as necessary
- Support Project Drafters and Checkers with production piece drawing development as necessary
- Perform checking duties on erection drawings and/or piece drawings as necessary
- Support production activities as necessary
- Support quality control activities as necessary
- Support transportation activities as necessary
- Support field activities as necessary
- Perform project management duties as necessary
- Assist more senior engineers on projects as necessary
- Know and communicate the schedule for all phases of the project
- Visit jobsites and production facility on a regular basis to become familiar with production and erection procedures
- Provide timely solutions to production facility and/or jobsite customers when deviations arise.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external engineers of record, architects, and contractors
- Check accuracy of drawings prepared by Project Drafters and Project Coordinators as required
- When requested, review drawings and designs prepared by outside consultants
Knowledge and Skills: Structural Engineering background, Microsoft Office skills required. AutoCAD skills required
Education: 4 year accredited civil/structural engineering degree. Passing grade on Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
Experience: Some exposure to and/or experience in general structural engineering design, precast concrete design, Steel design, and/or general building construction
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.