Reports to: Finished Goods Supervisor
Position Summary: The material handler’s primary responsibility is loading product for shipment.
Adhere to PDM’s Core Values:
- Relationship Building: We foster long-term positive relationships with fellow employee-owners, external partners and our communities.
- Accountability: We consistently demonstrate a high level of personal accountability.
- Urgency: We operate with a sense of urgency.
- Innovation: We embrace growth and change.
- Create Return on Efforts: We create positive results on all our efforts.
Areas of Accountability:
- Operate equipment such as overhead crane, forklift, semi, and gooseneck trailer, in a safe manner.
- Maintain organization of products in yard.
- Distribute and deliver job assignments at the direction of the supervisor.
- Assist supervisor with tasks associated with the team and/or their assigned department.
- Address quality problems.
- Requires heavy lifting, loading and unloading.
- Critical to be able to take instructions and learn quickly on the job.
- Maintains the overall safety and cleanliness of the shop and yard environment.
- Assist in paint booth, as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have knowledge of applicable safety procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate appropriate computer skills, including e-mail, MS Office applications, and select reporting tools.
- Ability to communicate and direct other team members with appropriate courtesy and professionalism.
- General Knowledge on operating overhead cranes, forklifts, and semi’s.
- Company prefers one year experience in leading a steel yard
- Must be reliable and be able to lift heavy steel rails.
- Performs other duties as assigned by construction department managers.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.