Job Overview: Provide CAD drafting services as required on assigned projects. Provide assistance to project managers and project engineers as required or requested.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Review estimate, contract and contract documents (drawings, specifications, addenda, etc.) to become familiar with project.
• Prepare erection drawings and details in general conformance with the contract documents and in accordance with our contract.
• Develop and detail project to reduce costs to PDM, owner and/or erector
• Order embed plates and loose material well before it is required so material can be fabricated, assembled and delivered.
• Work with project engineers during development of erection drawings and details.
• Assist other project coordinators when they have schedule conflicts.
• Work closely with project manager/engineer to solve casting and field problems.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Compare actual project being drawn with estimate and alert project manager/engineer and estimator of quantity or material deviations.
• In conjunction with project manager/engineer, act as a liaison between PDM and contractor, owner and erector.
• Monitor production and progress at the job site as appropriate.
• Work with the production scheduler on pre-pour production meetings when project complexity dictates.
• Discuss production of non-typical products with plant management prior to casting.
• Develop and maintain relationships with external engineers, architects and contractors as required or requested.
Areas of Accountability:
• Demonstrate honest and ethical behavior in all business transactions.
• Be proactive with daily activities and schedules and willing to perform the actions necessary to complete them.
• Be respectful of PDM teammates and support teamwork amongst coworkers.
• Embrace and drive change.
• Represent the company in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations.
Knowledge and Skills: Ability to read and understand drawings. Ability to use AutoCAD 2019 (or later), including utilizing ribbons and tool palettes. Ability to quickly learn/operate custom AutoCAD programs. Basic working knowledge of Microsoft office including (Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel) and Windows operating systems. Ability to use of Revit 2019. Basic knowledge of Bluebeam Revu.
Education: 2 year Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) degree or equivalent
Experience: 4 years of post-degree AutoCAD and Revit experience with precast detailing firm or precast producer
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.