Position Summary: Lead a crew of 8-9 employees to ensure all products meet or exceed PCI specifications and customer quality expectations.
Pay Range: $23-$28 per hour.
PDM is a Midwest-based producer of structural prestressed, precast concrete, structural and miscellaneous steel products. With more than 60 years combined experience in the construction, manufacturing, and precast concrete industries, our team has the skills and expertise to help make your next project a success.
In 2019 PDM became a 100% employee-owned company. We believe that being an employee owned company is an outstanding benefit for our clients, employees and the community as a whole.
Adhere to PDM’s Core Values:
- Relationship Building: We foster long-term positive relationships with fellow employee-owners, external partners and our communities.
- Accountability: We consistently demonstrate a high level of personal accountability.
- Urgency: We operate with a sense of urgency.
- Innovation: We embrace growth and change.
- Create Return on Efforts: We create positive results on all our efforts
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in leading production crew of up to 8 individuals
- Accurately set up, verify, and pour structural and architectural precast concrete products
- Support rigorous training and cross-training of employees
- Communicate with crew effectively and respectfully
- Produce & promote quality at the source following strict architectural precast quality standards
- Maintain tools and machinery in your area and notify maintenance when necessary
- Maintain formwork and work area in clean and safe condition at all times
Areas of Accountability:
- Provide strong leadership to production team
- Demonstrate reliability through exceptional attendance
- Promote the company Safety Program and ensure that plant personnel adhere to the existing Safety Procedures
- Supervise crew in a manner that focuses on increasing productivity and lowering material cost while maintaining expected levels of quality
- Demonstrate ambition to develop personal skills for further advancement
- Identify, understand, and report safety hazards and unsafe actions immediately
- Proactively participate in safety program and training
- Understand & abide by company policies relative to written Safety Program
- Focused on developing and implementing strict quality standards required of architectural precast concrete
- Strive for zero quality non-conformances
- If quality error occurs, assist in determining the root cause and ensure that root cause is eliminated to prevent recurrence
- Collaborate with Management, Production, Quality Control, and other support departments
- Leads a crew of 2-8
- Monitors crewmembers’ performance and attendance and report to supervisor
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience with architectural precast concrete required, strongly prefer long-line prestressed experience
- Strong attention to detail
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Regularly required stand, push, pull, and kneel for extended periods
- Regularly required to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work long hours
- Exposure to construction environment, including dust and noise
- Exposure to seasonal outdoor elements including extreme heat and cold
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.