Reports to: Plant Manager
Job Overview: Ensure daily production schedule attainment in cooperation with Production Supervisor. Train and mentor employees. Enforce department safety and PPE policies.
Areas of Accountability:
- Internally works closely with Production Supervisors, Transportation Coordinator and Purchasing.
- Externally works with Production Manager, Project Engineers, Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Sales, Production Scheduling, and Human Resources.
- Assist in the transformation of the shop floor culture to one of Continuous Improvement and Accountability.
- Demonstrate ambition to develop personal skills for further advancement
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Know what needs to be completed each day and properly assign projects to fabrication personnel
- Keep proper inventory on hand for items used in fabrication area.
- Inspect all equipment in fabrication area and notify the Supervisor of any problems.
- Every morning the Supervisor and the Fabrication Foreman shall meet to go over the daily activities, and to review the previous day’s activities. Any paperwork/drawings will be handed out at this time. (Additional paperwork will follow throughout the day.) The Supervisor will check in with the Fabrication Foreman throughout the day (minimum of twice) to check on progress, and all of the items listed above and below.
- Maintain a safe work environment according to PDM safety rules, and report any injuries/problems promptly to the Supervisor.
- Make sure that all quality provisions are being followed, and continuously trying to improve our products and processes.
- If quality error occurs, determine root cause and ensure that root cause is eliminated to prevent recurrence
· Communicate engineering errors to supervisor to support feedback to engineering department to eliminate recurrence
- Correct safety hazards, poor behavior and unsafe actions immediately
- Perform employee evaluations as required
- Address discipline issues with crew members
- Support resolutions of daily time punch issues
- Daily 5S compliance
- Review work areas w/Safety Manager
- Implement safety program and training
- Ensure self and crew are focused on approaching 100% first past yield
- Supervise crew in a manner that focuses on increasing productivity and lowering material cost while maintaining expected levels of quality.