Job Overview: Priming of all different sizes and shape of materials per AISC specs. When not in paint booth working in shop doing odd jobs drilling holes, grinding and helping where needed.
Areas of Accountability:
- Learn & understand company safety policies and procedures and promote compliance.
- Focus on increasing productivity and lowering material cost while maintaining expected levels of quality & communication with superiors.
- Assist in the transformation of the shop floor culture to one of Continuous Improvement and Accountability.
- Demonstrate reliability through exceptional attendance.
- Embrace and enhance a positive culture.
- Prepare metal for painting, which includes sanding spatter and rust, wiping down steel to remove oil and cutting fluids, and verifying removal of spatter and slag
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operate equipment in a 100% safe manner following appropriate regulations, policies and procedures
- Use correct paint equipment settings and adjustments
- Perform daily maintenance routines on paint equipment
- Identify and mask areas that are not to be painted
- Use proper paint application procedures
- Inspect paint job in progress for quality problems, such as runs and missed areas
- Clean paint booth and lights and change filters
- Organize and maintain paint trailer
- Coordinate flow of and complete necessary paperwork
- Perform quality checks including visual and electronic mill testing
- Assist in keeping all paint areas clean and organize
- Clean and prime material
- Required to wear a respirator
- Help with general shop duties
- Assist with material handling
Knowledge and Skills: Must be able to use a sprayer and be able to work in a paint booth. Ability to use hand and/or power tools and equipment.
Physical: Applicants must be able to walk and stand on feet for extended period of time, lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs, crawl on hands and knees, climb a ladder and be able to work long hours.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.