Job Overview: Responsible for supervising the night crew. Ensures the plant is clean and equipment is maintained and ready for first shift production.
Areas of Accountability:
- Responsible for promoting the company Safety Program and ensuring plant personnel adheres to the existing Safety Procedures.
- Educate employees on company safety policies and procedures and enforce compliance.
- Supervise crew in a manner that focuses on increasing productivity and lowering material cost while maintaining expected levels of quality.
- Assist in the transformation of the shop floor culture to one of continuous improvement and accountability
- Demonstrate ambition to develop personal skills for further advancement
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Clean magnets, boots, boot plates, and form work
- Clean the mixers or batch plant
- Strip/breakdown specific form work after cure time
- Break cylinders to verify product strength, record and report as required
- Cut product loose after strength has been verified
- Process Strand
- Use/maintain vacuum system to clean required locations though out the entire plant
- Empty all plant trash into appropriate bins
- Monitor bed temperature, tarps, lighting, boiler
- Manage chuck process (clean, inspect, pull from production, stage new for production)
- Other tasks developed by management
- Cold weather activities include managing bed temperatures, snow removal, applying ice melt, spreading sand
- Follow Silica program and identify potential areas for improvement
- Follow general plant safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to life scenarios around operating by folding doors, cutting strand loose,
- Collaborate with Management, Production, Quality Control, and other support departments.
- Leads a crew of 5-7 members.
- Monitors night crew members’ performance and attendance and reports to supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: At least two years of supervisory responsibility required. Experience operating a skid loader, loader, yard truck, torch, quickie saw and grinders.
Physical: Applicants must be able to stand on feet for extended period of time, lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs., crawl on hands and knees, climb a ladder and be able to work long hours. This position works outdoors year-round and therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.