Reports to: Detail Foreman
Job Overview: Employees will add final touches to precast concrete products before they leave the facility for the construction site.
Areas of Accountability:
- Learn & understand company safety policies and procedures and promote compliance
- Support the PDM Objectives of being Low Cost Producer and High Quality Provider
- Focus on increasing productivity and lowering material cost while maintaining expected levels of quality & communication with superiors
- Assist in the transformation of the shop floor culture to one of Continuous Improvement and Accountability
- Demonstrate reliability through exceptional attendance
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support development & execution of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure the most efficient use of labor and materials
- Assist Foreman in identification of variance to daily plan
- Support cross-training of employees
- Support communication, including start-of-day meetings, to understand expectations and provide feedback
- Communicate with crew and Foreman
- Understand & accomplish daily tasks assigned by the Foreman
- Notify appropriate personnel of issues requiring maintenance work orders to be issued
- Complete final finish on poured concrete production, using power tools and hand tools.
- Patch and blend structural concrete, working with many different raw materials.
- Prepare finished product for shipment and repair issues.
- Smooth and shape surfaces of freshly poured concrete.
- Remove rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, and patch holes.
- May be required to use pressure washer and/or sandblasting equipment.
- Identify, understand, & report safety hazards, poor behavior and unsafe actions immediately
- Daily 5S compliance
- Review work areas w/Foreman
- Participate in safety program and training
- Understand & abide by company policies relative to safety training
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Experience in the Precast Industry desired but not required
Physical: Applicants must be able to walk and stand on feet for extended period of time, lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs., crawl on hands and knees, climb a ladder and be able to work long hours. This position works outdoors year-round and therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.