Areas of Accountability:
- Learn & understand company safety policies and procedures and promote compliance
- Focus on increasing productivity and lowering material cost while maintaining expected levels of quality & communication with supervisors.
- Assist in the transformation of the shop floor culture to one of Continuous Improvement and Accountability.
- Demonstrate reliability through exceptional attendance
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Clean magnets, boots, boot plates, form work
- Strip/breakdown specific form work after cure time
- Break concrete cylinders to verify product strength
- Cut product loose after strength has been verified
- Process Strand
- Record and report as required
- Use/maintain vacuum system to clean required locations though out the entire plant
- Empty all plant trash into appropriate bins
- Monitor bed temperatures, tarps, lighting, boiler
- Manage chuck process (pull from production, clean, inspect, stage new for production)
- Other tasks developed by management
- Cold weather activities include managing bed temps, snow removal, applying ice melt, spreading sand
- Follow Silica program
- General plant safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to safety regulations around operating folding doors, cutting strand loose
Knowledge and Skills: Operate skid loader, loader, yard truck, torch, quickie saw, grinders
Physical: Applicants must be able to stand on feet for extended period of time, lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs., crawl on hands and knees, climb a ladder, and be able to work long hours. This position works outdoors year-round and therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.